Bore Tech’s Patented Shotgun Patch Jags are a must have for every serious shotgunner. These durable nylon jags make shotgun cleaning a breeze thanks to the 4 flexible petals that grip patches allowing them to perfectly conform to the barrel surface. Engineered for superior cleaning and functionality these one of a kind jags even have the ability to compress and pass through choke tubes.
Bore Tech’s Patented Shotgun Patch Jags set the benchmark for quick and effective shotgun cleaning and are a must have for every shotgunner.
Bore Tech Shotgun Patch Jags provide 360 degrees of concentric pressure against the barrel’s surface resulting more patch contact, better cleaning and a perfect fit every time. This is accomplished by the 4 oversized, flexible petals that compress when entering the bore, providing outward pressure which allows the patch to perfectly conform to the barrel surface. Incorporated into each of the 4 flexible petals are gripping rings which securely grab the patch preventing bunching.
Quick and effective, these jags can be used between stages or at home. Simply spike your patch and down the barrel you go. No need to worry about fixed or removable choke tubes as the Shotgun Patch Jags have the ability to compress and pass through any choke tube!
Now that’s shotgun cleaning made quick and easy.
Bore Tech Shotgun Patch Jags are available from 10 - 410 gauge and fit any standard shotgun rod with 5/16-27 threads.
Shotgun Patch Jags
Threads: 5/16 – 27
Overall Length ( Including Point ): 2.5 inches
Shotgun Jag Instructions:
- Screw the Bore Tech Shotgun Jag onto the cleaning rod.
- Spike a patch over the spear point attempting to pierce the patch near the center. (See Figure 1).
- Apply cleaning solvent until patch is saturated.
- Insert Jag into breach end of the barrel and slowly push through entire length of the barrel.
NOTE: When resistance is encountered near the end of the barrel due to the reduced diameter of a choke, begin rotating the rod in a clockwise direction while applying a slight forward pressure. This allows you to ease the jag through the restricted choke area. (See Figure 2)
- Next, thoroughly brush the barrel with cleaning solvent to loosen fouling that has adhered to the barrel walls.
- Finally, using a clean dry patch insert the Shotgun Jag into breach end of the barrel and slowly push through entire length of the barrel. Repeat the process as necessary until patches come out clean.