Introducing the first Ruger Marlin fiream: the Marlin Model 1895 SBL chambered in .45-70 Govt.
This American-made lever-action rifle was manufactured with great pride and attention to detail. You can expect the same time-honored design as the traditional 1895, combined with Ruger's trusted reputation for producing high-quality, reliable firearms. Improved manufacturing processes create tight tolerances, resulting in a reliable, attractive rifle. Multi-layered quality control procedures, including daily function and accuracy audits and multiple inspections, result in a high-quality product.
- Receiver, lever and trigger guard plate are CNC machined from 416 stainless steel forgings
- Barrel is made of 410 stainless steel and is cold hammer-forged which results in ultra-precise rifling that provides exceptional accuracy and longevity
- Threaded barrel, with factory-installed thread protector, has a 11/16"-24 pattern to accommodate a muzzle brake or other barrel accessories
- Updated Picatinny rail provides a stable mounting surface for scope rings and a variety of modern optics
- Ghost ring rear sight is adjustable for windage/elevation and tritium fibre optic, high visibility day/night front sight allows for quicker target acquisition in low light
- Six-round, tubular magazine with a loading gate located on the receiver
- Soft-rubber buttpad effectively absorbs recoil
- Positive, push-button, cross-bolt manual safety and traditional half-cock hammer
- Reliably feeds a wide range of .45-70 Govt. factory ammunition and bullet types
- Durable, laminate buttstock and forend remain dimensionally stable in varying weather conditions
- Sharp checkering provides an excellent grip in all weather conditions
- Spiral-fluted, nickel-plated bolt aids smooth cycling
- Oversized lever loop provides clearance for operation with heavy gloves
- Slim forend for an attractive look and comfortable feel
- Also includes: Sling swivel studs, offset hammer spur
|Front Sight||High Visibility Tritium Fiber Optic|
|Rear Sight||Adjustable Ghost Ring|
|Length of Pull||13.38"|
|Barrel||Cold Hammer-Forged Stainless Steel|
Get results from across our site including products, blog posts and resources.